Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Attitudes Week 9

My reactions can be either positive or negative. I am the type of person who can get frustrated very easily. In general I am a very happy, upbeat person. Because of the stress in my life I feel that issues that look small to other people are actually big problems to me. Basicly, I am extremely hot headed, this means that i will explode on impulse but if you just leave me alone and give me a second I will realize what the other person's side is and try to work it out or just get over it and leave it alone.
When I am at my Service Learning Job my attitude changes drematicly. I refuse to get upset with myself, my instructor and my work. I keep a smile on my face even if its something I dont want to do at the moment. This is because i know how the real world works and I know that if i get upset at a real job I could get fired on the spot. In a way I am just teaching myself self control for when I get a real job.
The attitudes around you strongly influence the kind of attitudes that you develop. I got lucky with the type of family I have and their attitudes that have contributed to mine. My mother is very social and upbeat but can hold her own in a fight. My dad is probobly the quietest person that you will ever me but also one of the nicest. Learning from them, I am loud and outgoing but in situations like work or when dealing with athority, my dad has taught me to be quiet and just listen to what they have to say.

No comments: